[3830] WPX SSB W3FOX SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3fox@comcast.ne
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W3FOX SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 04:11:18 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W3FOX
Operator(s): W3FOX
Station: W3FOX

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Arnold, MD
Operating Time (hrs): 25.4

------------
  160:
   80:  112
   40:  578
   20:  296
   15:   92
   10:   13
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first experience operating the WPX contest and was not knowledgeable
about the best strategies. We had a thunderstorm with lightening in our area on
Friday night and it delayed me getting started at 0000Z because I disconnected
the antennas, rotator cable, and the power cord for the amp.
When I got on I concentrated on 40 and 80 meters which was open to Europe. My
160 meter has issues and did not operate on 160. I chased multipliers at the
start  and into Saturday, but did a few runs on Sat. and Sun.The last two or
three hours of the contest were the most productive for Q's. Didn't work any new
DXCC slots.

Rig: IC-7300, PW-1 amp 1KW, flattop half wave dipoles for 80 and 40, with a
K4KIO Hex beam for 20, 15, and 10. Using RUMLogNG software for logging and
contest.
Being cooped up at home was a benefit to operating, but I did manage to get a
full nights sleep on both Friday and Saturday night.