[3830] WPX SSB K3WJV SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3wjv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K3WJV SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 05:46:58 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 35

------------
  160:    4
   80:  216
   40:  334
   20:  304
   15:   44
   10:    2
------------
Total:  904  Prefixes = 518  Total Score = 1,074,850

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I generally don't do phone contests but the FRC has started a program to stir up
more participation in contests other than the big 4 (ARRL & CQWW DX) and
there are a few phone contests on our schedule.  However, WPX is my favorite
contest so it wasn't very hard to keep my BIC.  Last year I got on just to fool
around and wound up putting 25 hours into it but I had a lot of fun working many
cw friends and this weekend was no exception to that.  I enjoyed bumping into so
many friends.

I only had 2 runs, one on 80m for a half an hour Sunday morning after it got
light out and later in the day on 40 for an hour in mid afternoon.  It was hard
to break off the 40m run as I kept getting a new prefix to peak my interest.
That is the one thing about WPX that keeps me fresh - lots of mults.  This was
strictly a one radio operation.  My boom mic only works on the K3 so that is
what I used all weekend.  I have a K4 on order to replace the ft1000mp but who
knows when the world will get back to normal for production at Elecraft to ramp
up.

I had a ton of fun and already look forward to WPX SSB next year - good grief!

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger