[3830] WPX SSB W1DYJ SO(A)AB TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W1DYJ SO(A)AB TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 19:10:25 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Maine
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
  160:    1
   80:   62
   40:   66
   20:   32
   15:   11
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Entering as TB-Wires, I only wish I had a tribander!  Simple
dipoles (essentially omnidirectional) and low power for a
"non-sunspot" SSB contest, especially on 20M, is a recipe
for brain-pain.

Friday night was almost all 80M.

Saturday turned out to be suddenly a non-ham day until after
dinner, especially as 20M was mostly three stations on top
of each other the few times during the day that I tried.
Nothing on 10, and 15 was mostly South Americans who were
loud but could not hear me.  Saturday night finally saw some
progress but the bands were noisy.

Sunday afternoon was more QRM on 15 & 20.  But late Sunday
was finally fun, especially on 40, with many smaller stations
(mostly local) looking for points.

Actual time operating in the chair was about 6 hours, although
the official time (with the 60 minute break rule) was 18 hours.
I take lots of short breaks!

RIG: TS590S
ANTENNAS:
         160, 80, 20, 10 - fan dipole at 30'
                >> 4 wires: 160-trap-80 / 30 / 20 / 10
         40, 15 >> 1/4 lambda 40M vertical, 4 elevated radials at 10'
Logger: N3FJP's CQ WPX Log v4.6

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ