[3830] WPX SSB NN3W(@NR4M) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NN3W(@NR4M) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 20:45:49 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: NR4M

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Virginia
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    3
   80:  394
   40:  703
   20: 1124
   15:  133
   10:   23
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Tnx to Steve NR4M for letting me use the Goat Farm as a Single Op for the first
time.  I was there previous week for RDXC and his station is very, very
impressive.  Details can be found at nr4m.com.  Hopefully, there will be goats
back there soon!

Quite a weekend.  Haven't done a major DX test in the LP category in ages.  And
as many of you know NR4M is a multi-muilti station designed primarily for CW
operation.  Converting it to a SSB SOAB station took some work.  Tnx also to
W3LPL for lending me two K3s to swap out in place of NR4M's K3s as Frank's K3s
have DVKs and Steve's don't. And to N4RV for lending an extra DVK and foot
switch.

Technically I guess you could call this a -classic- operation as I used only one
radio at a time, but there were six radios there (one for each band).  Quite a
difference going from SOABHP SO2R to SOABLP single radio.  If I wanted to listen
to a different radio, I had to get up, go to the other radio, listen to it, and
return to my other radio.

LP is certainly a challenge.  You have to acccept that a lot of stations simply
can't hear you.  Those thin openings are often not for you.  Those aren't the
droids you're looking for.

See you all in the next one.