[3830] WPX SSB NT6Q(N5ZO) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marko.n5zo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NT6Q(N5ZO) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 08:18:25 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: NT6Q
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): ~33
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    1
   80:  110
   40:  642
   20:  979
   15:   95
   10:    1
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I have tried to build my station for domestic contests and 40 and 20 are working
quite well for that intended goal.  And I worked lots of W/VE in this contest.
N1MM+ shows average Pt/QSO across all bands just 1.7 and only 1.4 on 20 meters.
I was able to run and hold frequency when working W/VE, and occasionally some DX
answered.  Other than running some JAs most of the DX QSOs were S&P.  I had
good start and 1st 4 hours I had 422 Qs which is quite good for LP.  Just 87
QSOs were made to zones 14-16, just 2 QSOs on 40 m and rest on 20 m.  107 QSOs
were made with JAs, 62 on 40 m and 45 on 20 m.  I decided to sleep both nights
some and missed some good JA time on 40 m and also then woke up late for 20 m EU
opening both mornings.  I had some irritation and cough in throat and did not
want to push and decided to rest due to current Covid-19 situation.  But I
operated more than I had planned and at the end I was quite surprised of my QSO
qty, but mults are definetly low due to lack of DX.  South America on 15 m was
very active and it seemed quite easy to get through from here.  It added a lot
to my multipliers.  Overall activity seemed high for obvious reasons as everyone
was inside in whole planet, and it was good distraction from constant bad news.
Tnx for QSOs de Marko N5ZO