[3830] WPX SSB OK7W SOSB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB OK7W SOSB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 15:25:59 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: OK7W
Operator(s): OK7W
Station: OK7W

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: Česká republika
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80: 2225
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

It happend that during last week I had more time than usually :-) so I decided
to  participate in WPX on 100%. I came to OL7M QTH on thursday to have enought
time for setting up best possible technical setup. I prepared these antennas:
Dipole, sloper, 4 Square, K9AY, single dir beverage (US), new two-dir beverage
(F + UA). Many thanks to Jan OK2ZAW and his QRO.cz company for antenna and
switching boxes - all worked great and the two-dir bvrg is trully gamechanger in
benefit to building time!

The contest itself was great surprise for me as I did not expect so many QSOs.
It was great fun from beginning to the end. The activity in EU was perfect and I
cant complain to any negative virus effect. I suppose that conditions to US was
good but activity there was lower. Nice surprise was ZM1A with solid signal.
Thanks for all QSOs and sorry to those who I was not able to read.

I intended to use full 36 hours for operation, but I made a big fail at the end.
Due to time shift (and fatigue) I switched everything off at 23:00 UTC and
fastly went to shower. After 30 minutes when I was almost entering my bed, Pavel
OK1MU called what is the problem, why did I stop.. So I accidentaly lost 40
minutes of last hour which could be another 25 QSO.

I had to pack up both beverages before 8 am monday, so I ended totaly dead but
happy from great resoult which I hope will be next EU record. Thanks to OK1MU,
OK2ZAW and all callers for helping me to achieve that!

See you next time,
Standa OK7W - OK1CID