[3830] WPX SSB OL3R(OK1VWK) SOSB80 Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB OL3R(OK1VWK) SOSB80 Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 18:30:51 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: OL3R
Operator(s): OK1VWK
Station: OK1VWK

Class: SOSB80 LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 19:50

------------
  160:
   80:  484
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Despite of Covid threat, low band conds were good enough. I have short video
with KC1XX booming on my FT1k. He would have been 59++ in middle EU also with no
antenna connected to radio seems :-)

On my local station small setup only. Not full time participation, any power and
no expectations, as usual. Result surprisingly good enough. Big experience is
Miniwhip for RX. Tried this piece of nothing for last night contest window on
80m band. This battery powered broadband LNA was mounted on 10m fibreglass
support, far of TX antenna. Rest of contest was RXed stable with Miniwhip only.
Sometimes checked RX with sloper but no better C/N results. Pls re-write
history. It seems the best antenna is LNA only :-)

Anyway first time tried score online Wintest setup. Also good experience and no
problem with config.

RIG:
FT1000MP
TX/RX ANT: single fat sloper with two elevated meander counterpoises (highiest
point of antenna 15m up)
RX ANT: Miniwhip by SV2CZF (RF-MWA30) 10m up.

Thanks to all who called and CU in CW part ...

GL de Milan, OK1VWK/OL3R