[3830] CWopsT K9ZO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 15:10:06 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Apr 1

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 54 min

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  155
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  155  Mults = 155  Total Score = 24,025

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Quite discouraging to have a good session wrecked by Flex/N1MM software!

I sent my Maestro in for repairs yesterday for the second time (and also the
remote tuning knob, which makes 3 total bad encoders) because the frequency
jumped around when tuning the band. $450 in repairs for a $1000 device with
known quality control problems.  Awful.
I used the Flex Smart SDR software, but it would not read the radio frequency.
so I manually entered the frequency in N1MM and just called CQ.  Lots of
activity and a good start.  25 QSOs by 1308Z.  I rarely have a good start.  At
1315Z 47 QSOs and a possible 200 QSO hour which is my goal for a single radio.
At 1330Z 94QSOs.  As is now normal the software frequently hangs when going
between paddles (for fills, call corrections) and N1MM.  By 1340Z the pace
slowed, but tons of guys were available.  At 1345Z had 137 QSOs.  Then radio
hung in TX mode (no power, no RX) had to reboot radio, SDR software and N1MM a
couple times.  "ESC" or touching the paddle did not work.  Lost 6
minutes and any chance of a good score.  I suspect I would have ended up at
about 175 QSOs.  So I will try again for the afternoon session and hope we are
all breathing air next week for another shot at it.

Today I will take down the N beverage and maybe put in some of the poles to
support the messenger cable for coaxes into the shack. Yesterday I had part of
the area where the cistern used to be between the tower and shack graded  and
seeded, so I can proceed with getting cables to the entrance panel instead of
the window.