[3830] WPX SSB YL10CWO(YL3JA) SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kristers.misa@inbox.lv
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB YL10CWO(YL3JA) SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 18:54:23 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: YL10CWO
Operator(s): YL3JA
Station: YL1S

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:  154
   80:  532
   40:  826
   20:  326
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Baltic Contest Club

Comments:

Thank you everyone for the contest!
Because of the COVID-19 I had to stay in YL and operated from here. I thought of
doing it from our local club station YL1ZT, but there is still some things to do
with antennas, hopefully CW part I’m gonna do from there.
This event, just like RDXC, I did from YL1S, tnx Kas YL1ZF. I didn’t wanted to
do sadomasochistic thing and go LP in SSB with TB+Wires setup, so I decided of
doing HP. Thank you Karl YL2HB for technical support!
Also to Ivars YL3DL and Oleg YL3DW.
Now about the competition:
The strategy was very basic, to spend as much time as possible on low bands
40-160m to get 2pointers from EU. First hour on 80m was very good! Later had
some nice rate on 160m as well. Just a couple of times checked 15m and 10m,
didn’t spent som much time on them. Used 20m just to pick up the multipliers
from AS,NA and SA, nothing heard from VK or ZL.
Big surprise at second night was VY2ZM answering on my CQ on 160m!
Nice to see a lot of friends on the air and that the bands was very crowded. It
was pretty hard to hold the CQ frequency when you are the small pistol in the
zoo.
Unfortunately something went wrong with online score posting, so I posted the
score myself every couple of hours.
Had fun racing with IQ2VA (IK2LFF), tnx for race Marco! Stay safe!
Beautiful scores from ES5TV, LY7Z, ES7A, LY5W etc.
Hope to see you guys in CW part and maybe in some other events before.
Don’t forget to participate in ES-OPEN contest 18.04.2020 05:00 UTC - 08:59
UTC on 40m and 80m.
73! Kris!