[3830] NA Sprint SSB N4OX HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jayn4ox@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB N4OX HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 15:20:18 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - April

Call: N4OX
Operator(s): N4OX
Station: N4OX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Walnut Hill, Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

   80:   73
   40:  135
   20:  100
---------------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: Southeast Sprint Coalition

Comments:

20 meters was fantastic from extreme northwest Florida for the first 45 minutes
of the Sprint except to the west. The W6s and W7s that are usually loud were
noticeably weaker.  Almost everyone else was loud and it didn't seem to matter
where the antenna was pointed. 40 meters was good as well, but QRN from
thunderstorms that are scheduled to arrive here today did take out some of the
weaker callers. 80 meters had bad QRN, like it usually does, and I started
losing ground. With that said, this is the highest score ever for me. The
Covid19 crisis, stay at home orders definitely increased activity. Also, Bob,
KW8N, went above and beyond with his "email blasts" to not only
increase activity, but to get the more rare states and provinces on the air. Bob
spends a lot of time keeping the Phone Sprint going and should be acknowledged
for doing so.