[3830] NeQP K3WJV Out of State HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3wjv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NeQP K3WJV Out of State HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 20:58:48 +0000
                    Nebraska QSO Party - 2020

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: Out of State HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:
   80:
   40:   5       5
   20:   1      44
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
------------------------------------
Total:   6      49      0       0  Mults = 43  FTn Mults = 0  Total Score =
2,673

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to Rich, N0HJZ, for driving all over Nebraska from his home in Minnesota
to give me 36 of my 49 ssb contacts in 35 counties for mults. Without help this
alone would be no small feat but it sounded like he could have been by himself
from the sound of things. The first few times I worked him I kept bugging him
for how long till the next county and he was trying to read maps while operating
and driving so I stopped asking and let him do his thing. N0HJZ, you deserve the
 "Most incredible Qso party Mobile Op" award for your amazing
efficiency going from one county to the next all the while sounding like you
were sitting in your shack at home just playing radio! All Qso parties need more
of you.

I know I missed Rich in at least 1 county if not more on Saturday as propagation
on 20 died after I worked him in Dawson.  His next county I heard west coast
working him but not a peep from him and I also don't know if I missed him
anywhere when he first started out that day.  Once I realized he was going to do
a big list of counties I kept checking his freq.

I worked all 4 parties so things were a little crazy. It seemed every time I
worked 1 station in the bandmap I had to change contests for the next spot even
if just to find out if I worked it as they all started sounding familiar after a
few hours. CW activity was awfully low and since phone spots were human
generated I spent time hunting around only to find most of the zero district
calls to be in Missouri. At least I could count on a new county every half hour
or so from Rich. Thanks again to N0HJZ.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger