[3830] 144SprngSprnt VE1SKY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve1sky@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt VE1SKY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 03:29:44 +0000
                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: VE1SKY
Operator(s): VE1SKY
Station: VE1SKY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN74 NS
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Club:

Comments:

Nice evening on 2M.  Good group of operators. Thanks to you all. It's always
good to run the Sprints from here.  Meteor-scatter was tough.  Randoms are hard
enough, especially on 2m, but without a meteorshower, meteors are always best in
the morning as the Earth turns towards them. If the 2m Sprint was closer to the
Lyrids meteorshower which peaks around the 21st of April, MSK144 would be a more
potent 2m mode, and not so dependent on the time of day, mostly just the time of
the peak.

I worked VE1PZ who's way NE of me.  He was working a few, but we are both
challenged by rural and distant locations.

I enjoyed giving out the FN74 mult.  The best (and fastest QSOs) were on 144.174
FT8.  More ops in New England are trying it, and starting to look this way for
the grid.

Rig:  FT847
Amp: TE
Antenna: K1FO 12 element