[3830] 144SprngSprnt KR1ST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alex@kr1st.com
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt KR1ST Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 16:10:50 +0000
                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN21
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: IC-9700
PWr: 500W
Ant: 2M9SSB

It seems like most folks are only interested in chat-arranged contacts and CQ
almost exclusively on FT8 after the first half hour. Chat and FT8 seem to be a
match made in heaven. CQ on FT8 while you arrange contacts on the chat channel.
To me, contesting doesn't get more boring than that. To me it's fine for day to
day activities, but a very unattractive option in a contest. Sadly, it's a mode
of operation you're pretty much forced into if you want to make contacts during
a VHF contest. Can we even still consider these VHF activities contests, or
should we rename them "activity nights and weekend"?

73,
--Alex KR1ST

 Band   Mode  QSOs     Grd
   144  FT8     10       3