[3830] 144SprngSprnt VA3ELE/R Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3ele@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt VA3ELE/R Rover HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 04:27:07 +0000
                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: VA3ELE/R
Operator(s): VA3ELE
Station: VA3ELE/R

Class: Rover HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Lets just say this was rather disappointing.

Here's the biggest problem, too many have their faces stuck in a computer screen
and not calling CQ into a microphone or pounding the brass. Fine, digital is all
good, but, don't get stuck on it, not everyone does it, you're missing out by
running most of the contest looking at a computer screen again. I get it, I do
digital as well, some grids you wont work if the conditions are poor without it,
but, how many are you missing while you're on FT8?
You're only hurting yourself spending too much time in front of that screen.

Solution: Post on the chat basic info. CQ CQ CQ de VA3ELE/R on 144.227
FN03aa"... most have been using the ON4KST 144/432 Region 2 chat. So, lets
get back to operating, make it illegal again to make skeds on the chats... the
bands sound dead...dead and dead because no one is calling CQ anymore.

Hope to hear lots of dits n dahs or CQs on SSB... maybe FM too on Tuesday's 222
Sprint. I will not be glued to a screen in my rover, but, I will visit the chat
to announce my frequency and grid. Want to work 4 QSO's in 4 Grids???? looks for
me on 222.127 SSB or CW!

73 de Peter
VA3ELE/R