[3830] 222SprngSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 222SprngSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 13:43:35 +0000
                    222 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: N2SLN
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN22
Operating Time (hrs): 3.9

Club:

Comments:

Got the van back from the shop earlier in the day and loaded it with the antenna
and support structure. Six meters was open to the southeastern US in the late
afternoon. Got to the local hilltop at 6:30 and set up 222 while listening to
Costa Rica on 6m. Got going with the sprint and had the antenna pointed west
when I heard some weak CW--turns out it was Michigan station WW8M EN72 which
would probably have been a new all-time distance record for me on 222 (435 mi /
700 km) if we had been able to complete, but too much QSB. Then those enhanced
conditions disappeared for the rest of the event. Checked again well into the
sprint and 6m was still open, now to 5-land. Snow began hitting the windshield
in the last few minutes of the sprint, so I tore down the station early.