[3830] 222SprngSprnt K1RZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1rz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 222SprngSprnt K1RZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 21:44:15 +0000
                    222 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: K1RZ
Operator(s): K1RZ
Station: K1RZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Very tough conditions in the east.  On the morning after a lot of stations are
checking their connectors, rigs and antennas.  Which is one one of the purposes
of the sprints.  Did this equipment make it through the winter?  I know when I
worked Jeff K1TEO in the first few minutes we both commented that signals were
weak, I then knew it was going to be tough going.  Anyways I did work some good
distances but it was due to perseverance more than anything else.  And there
were some improvements in the last 30 minutes working northeast.     My DX by
quadrants as follows:  Northeast was Dale AF1T FN43cd 622km's, Ray VE3FN FN25dk
691 km's and Don VE2DFO FN25wj 722 km's.  Southwest was Garry N1GC 515 km's and
Dex W4DEX EM95tg 529 km's.  Northwest was Dana VE3DS FN03fq 523 km's and Robert
VE3WY FN04ae 588 km's.  West was Joe K9MRI EN70iu 710 km's and Bob K8TQK EM89je
518 km's.     Over all it was a lot of digging deep and waiting for a peak on a
given path.  A tough night on 222. Many special thanks to Peter VA3ELE/R for
going out in FN02 and FN03.      My thanks to all those who worked me and
particularly those who took time to try a second, or third time to make the QSO.
    Thanks to Kent KA2KQM and team at Central States for sponsoring these event.
  73,   Dave  K1RZ FM19jh

CW 18 Q's 11 Grids.  FM 1 Q.  FT8 4 Q's 3 Grids.  USB 11 Q's 8 Grids