[3830] MiQP W1WBB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP W1WBB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 04:49:57 +0000
                    Michigan QSO Party - 2020

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   27      6
   40:   45     22
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   72     28  CW Mults = 27  Ph Mults = 18  Total Score = 7,740

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Per event rules, as REQUIRED for a Single Op, I operated *UNassisted* -- no use
of any spotting network whatsoever.  ANY "assistance" places a Single
Op in the Multi-Op category (with no distinctions between Power Levels) in the
MiQP.  Are most Single Ops aware of this??

Was old-school spin the dial and find 'em operation here.  Worked VE3s in the
Ontario QP the same way on Saturday as well.  My 88' doublet aims SW/NE here in
Southern New England so this is not ideal for working MI on 40m.  Struggled to
work most MI stations til late in the afternoon, esp. w/ Low Power, ... combo of
skip distance/propagation and my wire's direction made things challenging.
Noticed the OH stations in the event were much louder.  No short skip to MI on
20m noticed the few times I checked.

With multipliers accruing per MODE it behooved me to work some SSB this time
out.  Thanks to the Michiganders for their QSOs!  Hit the 100 Q mark just b4
midnight!!

73,  Bill  W1WBB