[3830] CQMM DX KU2M SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQMM DX KU2M SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 21:46:49 +0000
                    CQMM DX Contest - 2020

Call: KU2M
Operator(s): KU2M
Station: KU2M

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: Wayne, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   80:
   40:
   20:  404     31
   15:
   10:
----------------------
Total:  404     31  Countries = 75  Total Score = 155,608

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Wish I had had the time for a serious effort this year; while many are stuck
inside with nothing to do, it seems I'm stuck inside with too much to do,
leaving not enough time for contesting. But CQMM is always a fun contest, and
even a little participation is a good thing.

Condx on 20M Saturday morning were excellent, with a solid SP opening into Asia.
Unsuccessfully trying to crack the massive EU pileup on 4S7AB was a sobering
reflection of what running only 100 watts doesn't buy you. However, I was lucky
enough to work JT1 and E21, so I guess I shouldn't complain!

One gripe is how often running stations would cut off and start calling CQ again
while I was still in the middle of sending my "599 NAM" exchange. As
soon as they heard "NA" or even just "N-" they decided
they'd heard enough, assumed the exchange would be another "NA" and
didn't want to waste time. Bad assumption. When this occurred, they almost
certainly missed the "M" at the end of the exchange, and I wonder how
many didn't properly log me and lost 10 points. When this happened, I would
repeat the report so they'd get it. Sometimes, they acknowledged, but just as
often, they weren't listening anymore and were on to the next caller. Oh well!

Hope to do a more serious effort next year, hopefully with some sunspots - and
of course, less angst about the state of the world's health.