[3830] MiQP N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 00:08:26 +0000
                    Michigan QSO Party - 2020

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5-9

   80:   38     85
   40:   48    101
   20:    1
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   87    186  CW Mults = 33  Ph Mults = 55  Total Score = 31,592

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Having not operated seriously in the MIQP for many years, I did not know what to
expect and with no rovers assumed mults would not be plentiful. No doubt the CW
mults were much lower than expected from previous results, but the overall
activity was excellent and far exceeded my guesstimate. Hats of to Michigan ops
for a great turnout which really made this fun rather than a constant struggle!

I made over 55 Q's in the first hour and it could have been more without
struggling at times to get through the starting gun CW pile ups the first 24
minutes. The rate on 40 phone was wonderful. 40 was good to MI until around 21Z
allowing me to break 100 SSB Q's. By 2315Z, signals were good on 80M. Thanks to
a good run in about the center frequency of the 75M activity, I worked far more
75/80M Q's than I did in other recent parties with combined CW/SSB Q's well over
100. When things were pretty slow, I worked a few ON stations in their party
ending up with around 50 ON Q's during the MIQP. Activity hit the skids around
0230Z and I quit at 03Z.

Thanks to all of the MI ops casual and serious for their calls and QSO's. WA1UJU
in the U.P. had one of the weaker signals here, but was my only 20M QSO and was
worked both modes 40 and 80M for 5 Q's. I will be back next year when hopefully
the world has returned to normal.

73 and stay safe, Jeff