[3830] 432SprngSprnt K9GY Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9GY@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] 432SprngSprnt K9GY Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 00:04:37 +0000
                    432 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Rover LP
QTH: EN51,52,61,62
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  QSOs = 52  Mults = 20  Total Score = 1,040

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Decided during 222 Sprint that I should have roved the grid square with KO9A,
K9JK, and K9PW. So this was to redeem myself for previous miscalculation, hah!

Met up with K9JK/R and both got 16 Qs pretty quick. Kinda fun watching John zip
around the grid corner! He knows the route! Rover Qs were 50% of log. Thanks
also to Pete K9PW/R

This time was checking out FT-857D with 105ah AGM battery. Works good although I
need to review the SSB menu settings. Ended up keeping the mic about three
inches away. Needed to lower CW speed as the first CW QSO (with K2DRH) was like
28wpm. That's what happens when you take a rig used for CW HF and use it for
VHF!

Total time was about six hours because the grid corner is about an hour drive
one-way from QTH...although traffic was great with most everyone staying home.

Funny moment of contest: Was operating and a car pulls along side me...figured
it was police... I looked up and it was K9JK/R telling me K9PW/R was in a new
grid now. Glad it wasn't the police!

FT857D (20w) & 6L homemade WA5VJB yagi
TH-D74 & tri-band mag mount (446.000 simplex)

Rover Over!

Best of health to all,
Eric K9GY/R