[3830] FlQP AC6ZM SOAB(A)Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jloz34@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP AC6ZM SOAB(A)Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 22:21:37 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2020

Call: AC6ZM
Operator(s): AC6ZM
Station: AC6ZM

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed HP
QTH: East TN
Operating Time (hrs): 13:37

   40:  147     59
   20:   42      1
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  189     60  CW Mults = 39  Ph Mults = 36  Total Score = 28,425

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Saturday was strictly a 40 meter operation. Conditions never materialized on the
20 meters or higher bands. Sunday was a grind looking for new stations and
multipliers. 20 meters showed up to the party in the final few hours from this
QTH. I wasn't sure I was going to cross the 200 QSO yard line, but I managed to
crawl across it. Is was a constant grind Searching & Pouncing and frequent
band switching to keep checking for propagation on the higher bands. I saw
plenty of spot activity but couldn't hear anyone on 15 meters and was never able
to log a QSO. The SDR certainly helped me keep an eye on stations that displayed
a high enough SNR to make a contact. Furthermore, monitoring the online
scoreboard had me worried the Hunter (k3IE) would catch me. I could certainly
feel the heat and hear the pitter-patter of his tiny feet closing the gap. Love
the competition the scoreboard fosters. I would have probably given up earlier
if not for the online scoreboard. I also appreciate the FL "Virtual
Mobile" stations that gave out new multipliers every couple of hours. That
is a great way to make up the loss of mobile/rovers for state QSO parties due to
Stay-at-Home COVID-19 mobile operation cancelations.