[3830] FlQP K4OJ/HIL(NX4N) SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cqdenx4n@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K4OJ/HIL(NX4N) SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 15:01:45 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2020

Call: K4OJ/HIL
Operator(s): NX4N
Station: NX4N

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: HIL
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  151     5  CW Mults = 47  Ph Mults = 3  Total Score = 15,350

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Hi All,
The Virtual Mobiles (VM's) we created for the Florida QSO Party seemed to work
to a degree; since there is no easy way of showing a summary of results on 3830
I thought I'd shared them here each time I posted one of my Vm's.

First - I can confirm say this was a *very* positive experience on our VM
operators end - the totals are just huge!  We're all just giddy.  You will see -
wait for others to report.
My station in HOA land is small - single radio, 20m LP attic dipole and 40m 500W
to a quarter wave stealth vertical in the back yard (20 ground radials).
Even so, I thought my totals (1800+ Q's) were FB considering my station
limitations - see table at bottom.  Please note - the numbers for each VM call
represent two hours of operating, once Saturday and again (rinse and repeat)
with the same call Sunday.

The VM's certainly do not replace real Mobiles for activating counties and
offering county sweeps.  But they sure can simulate mobile rates!  Keep in mind,
we only did 10 counties as a trail run; so our Sunday repeated the same Counties
as Saturday.  If we had used another 10 new VM calls, Sunday would clearly have
been another wild run day.
We put this idea in place in a short period of time (approx. 2 weeks) so there
was little time to try to find more counties and operators.

Last point - each Host operator is entrusted with the care and good operating
practice for each VM call; the VM trustee's own license is on the line.  Care
must be taken to ensure that a group of ops doing VM's trusts their license in
the hands of the others, and visa versa.   We gave each other written permission
to be a Control Op for our call for FQP.  Most hams are 'good eggs' but some
dicernment is required.

Your feedback, both positive and *constructive* regarding the VM program is most
welcomed.
How did you like or dislike it?
What specifically?
Please send feedback to me directly, cqdenx4n@gmail.com

Finally - QP and other contest organizers, please feel free to 'shamelessly
steal' the VM idea and improve upon it for your own contests; we're all in this
together and the fun must continue :-)

vy 73,
Chris, NX4N
----------------
HOST - NX4N (20m - LP Attic Dipole; 40m - 500W Quartr Wave Vert w/20radials)

VM CALL         SCORE   CW Q    PH Q
N4TO/HIL        24,766  206     15
K4KG/HIL        15,708  146     16
N4EEB/HIL       15,822  139     15