[3830] 7QP K7PAC SOSSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesk.hawkins@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP K7PAC SOSSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 18:52:13 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2020

Call: K7PAC
Operator(s): K7PAC
Station: K7PAC

Class: SOSSB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:          16
   40:         129
   20:         598
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   0     743      0  Mults = 56  Total Score = 73,024

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

As a relative newbie to contesting, I'd never had the confidence to RUN from my
little gun QTH but with a lot of coaching, friendship and above all - patience
from K7ZS and the Portland Contesters Club gang atop Bald Peak (you know who you
are)I decided to dip my toe into the waters of "real contesting"
during the 7QP.

 As the contest began at 6 a.m.local, the bands were dead. I did my little
S&P dance around 20M. No Mucho. So- not afraid of embarassing myself on the
empty airwaves - I began calling CQ. Much to my surprise,a 4 Land caller
appeared. Then a 6...then a 0. After logging a dozen or so Q's, I began to relax
in my chair and pick up the pace, realizing that there actually may be hope for
this OM!