[3830] NewEngQP NN1C(@W1KM) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marty.sullaway@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP NN1C(@W1KM) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 00:42:00 +0000
                    New England QSO Party - 2020

Call: NN1C
Operator(s): NN1C W1UE KI6RRN
Station: W1KM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MA South Coast
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Remote Operation

   80:     281      10
   40:     568     208
   20:     558     443
   15:       7       0
   10:       0       0
------------------------
Total:    1414     661  Mults = 128  Total Score = 446,464

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow! What a weekend. We started this weekend with a goal of 2,000 Qs, and the
M/S record in sight (354k).

At the end of the first session, we had 195k, and were stoked. The question was
going to be how the activity on Sunday was.

It was fantastic. Solid rates all day, left us with an hourly average north of
100 QSOs/hr. Before the contest, I spent time installing a stack match on our
20m antenna system, allowing us to split power between our 20m stack, and
separate 5 element beam. The combo proved useful for 1,002 QSOs on 20m.

40m and 80m each had decent rates, although EU runs never quite materialized in
a big way. Suffice it to say that conditions to EU on 20 were quite poor. OM2VL
and OT6M were always blazing through when we went to a new band.

W1UE's trip to 15m on Saturday netted us 7 QSOs, including the elusive LU mult.

The operation was 100% remote. W1UE and NN1C from MA, and Axel, KI6RRN from CA.
(I'm told the cool kids on SSB call it "Cal", but I digress...). We
networked our computers using N1MM+ and Hamachi VPN, and it was flawless, as
soon as this lid figured out the importance of checking the "Log QSOs at
all stations" box.

Thanks to Greg, W1KM for the use of his fantastic station. It is great fun to
hold our own with a 40m foursquare.

For the team,

Marty
NN1C (Dennis, W1UE, and Axel, KI6RRN too)

Station:

Elecraft K3 + KPA1500 LDMOS PA

80m: Foursquare array in salt marsh
40m: Foursquare array in salt marsh