[3830] Hope W1UE(@W1KM) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egan.dennis88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Hope W1UE(@W1KM) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 14:39:04 +0000
                    RSGB Hope QSO Party - May 6 CW

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5
Remote Operation

   80:
   40:
   20:  107    32
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  107    32  Total Score = 10,016

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Another 20M only effort.  Propagation seemed decent, but I made a big mistake in
this one.

Just before the contest, it appears that this fairly new laptop that I use got a
bios upgrade.  When it did so, it reset the bios customization that I have to
make.  The default for this laptop is that the function keys are a secondary
thought, so to make them function as function keys requires keying
"FN" and the function key. I caught that at the start of the contest,
and I should have stopped, spent the two minutes restarting the computer and
redoing the Bios, but I chose to continue playing.  Now, everytime I hit the
"F1" key without also pressing the "FN" key, the laptop
would go to sleep.  To get it out of sleep, required waiting for 30 seconds,
then pressing the "on" button, and reentering the PIN code. I probably
did that 20 times during the contest; I  should have just bitten the bullet at
the beginning and redid the bios.

Thanks to all for the Qs!

Dennis W1UE