[3830] 50SprngSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 50SprngSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 13:26:00 +0000
                    50 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: N2SLN
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN22
Operating Time (hrs): 3.8

Club:

Comments:

Best spring 6m Sprint in 7 years. Drove in a whiteout to the local hilltop two
hours before sprint time in my commuter vehicle to see how difficult the snow
drifts would be for the van. Biggest snow drift was only 3 inches deep despite
being fairly long, so with enough speed I would be able to get through it.
Assembling and raising the 5-el Yagi in a Wind Advisory meant using fewer mast
pieces, which probably meant missing out on lowest possible takeoff angle, but
at least the SWR was good, and I did have downward sloping terrain in all
directions which helps lower the takeoff angle a bit. Worked local activity for
the first half hour, then there was a weak band opening to the southeastern US,
which slowly shifted westward, then back to the southeast again. Provided a new
grid to a few folks. Best DX was Louisiana station KG5KGP EM40 (1183 mi / 1904
km).