[3830] 50SprngSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 50SprngSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 14:10:17 +0000
                    50 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31/CT
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  QSOs = 128  Mults = 49  Total Score = 6,272

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Nice to see the band open for most of the contest. At various times the band was
open all the way from Florida (and XE/CO) to the Upper Midwest. I did hear
several double hop stations on FT8 but only DN30 was worked. The grid total is
low given the extent of the openings - I'm sure I heard at least another 50
grids on FT8, many for long periods of time. But I had 2 issues - my success
calling stations on FT8 is not great. I may be doing something that is hurting
my chances with the "call 1st" usage. And I also missed many local
grids that are usually easy to work. Some I heard repeatedly on FT8 and a couple
I heard on SSB calling others. But tropo condx were also very poor last night.
It was very windy and we had heavy snow for the first hour of the sprint - crazy
for May 9th!

I operated about 1.5 hours on SSB/CW and 2 hours on FT8. SSB/CW accounted for
about 75 of my contacts. But it was very quiet on the "low end" which
was odd given how many Es stations were easily loud enough on FT8 to have worked
on SSB. As we know FT8 is great and especially for weak sigs but not very
efficient for contesting.

This marks the end of the sprints and my most active spring sprints perhaps
ever. I'm usually away for some but hey this year of course that's not the case.
The Sprints are always fun and this year were an especially nice respite. Tnx to
the Central States for sponsoring and to Kent for his leadership running the
event. Stay well and hoping for good condx in the June contest.

Cu then.

Jeff K1TEO