[3830] WPX CW K8TE SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8te.bill.mader@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K8TE SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 00:29:16 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K8TE
Operator(s): K8TE
Station: K8TE

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:
   80:   41
   40:  498
   20:  419
   15:  180
   10:    3
------------
Total: 1141  Prefixes = 455  Total Score = 930,930

Club: Albuquerque DX Assn

Comments:

Who invited the weather girl and her thunderstorms?  No problem with them last
weekend when it didn't matter.  Having made thousands of Dollars repairing
commercial broadcast gear after many lightning strikes, and having lost some of
my own here in NM, I unplug, disconnect, and stand back!

15m was a pleasant surprise this weekend although 40m was the money band.  I'm
just running a pair of low dipoles here on all HF bands so working DX is a
challenge.  Thank goodness for all the weird U.S. calls!  My noise was a little
lower than usual but I just couldn't copy several hands full of stations.
Thanks for your understanding.

It was good to practice BIC with CW again!  I'm looking forward to FD where I
operate mostly CW and avoid listening to "Please Copy" by half the
callers.  Thanks to all the irregular (not as crazy as the rest of us)
contesters and many who braved CW in perhaps their first contest!  I slowed down
frequently and really appreciate all the QSO's I would not have made were it not
for you.

Hopefully, the towers and beams will be up for the Fall contest season.  73,
Bill, K8TE
K3, KPA1500