[3830] WPX CW WI9WI SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WI9WI SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 00:52:03 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Winter, WI
Operating Time (hrs): 19

------------
  160:    0
   80:   51
   40:  306
   20:  867
   15:  242
   10:   39
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Our usual trip for the past 20 years to PJ2T for WPX CW was cancelled for
obvious reasons.So we threw our stuff and the dog into the car and drove up to
our cabin in rural Sawyer County WI for a relaxing weekend and some radio. I
felt band conditions were quite good considering the low flux and time of year.I
was even treated to a good Es opening on 15 and 10 on Saturday afternoon, and
some Europe on 15 Sunday morning. Noise levels were low even on 80. My goal was
to operate about 20 hours and make at least 1000 Qs, and this was easily met.
Even the weather was great. Activity seemed very good, probably with everyone
sticking close to home. QSOs were about 70% NA and 30% Europe as expected.
Didn't work or hear a single JA, nor any exotic DX. Of course I didn't really
check for the JA openings. Two good nights of sleep seemed more important.
Thanks all for all the QSOs. Hopefully next year I'll be back at PJ2T.
73
Jim WI9WI