[3830] WPX CW K9GY SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9GY@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K9GY SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 01:36:16 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: EN61fn
Operating Time (hrs): 20+

------------
  160:
   80:  100
   40:  247
   20:  164
   15:   55
   10:   55
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Initial goals were 500, 700 and 1k QSOs. Almost made it to second goal! Good to
have a set of three goals! Missed a good chunk of day one daylight hours so that
explains lower 15&10 Qs.

Figured out station layout is inefficient...need to turn IC-7300 dial with left
hand not the right hand. Also shuffled N1MM+ windows around to make more sense.
Had some trouble with "!" function to send their call during run mode
(kept appending a portion of the call to original call). Headphone issues
periodically caused mono only on right ear.

Interesting to see WT9U and W9XT battle it out on the online scoreboard.

I disliked stations CQing using WPX (call) versus TEST (call)... like we didn't
know it was WPX?!

XYL was listening to local police on Baofeng HT. Got distracted with hearing
about looting of retail businesses in our town...sad situation.

Best of HEALTH to all,
Eric K9GY