[3830] WPX CW W4VIC SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vic.w4vic@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W4VIC SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 04:06:03 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 16

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  146
   20:  260
   15:  100
   10:    4
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

SSB and CUT NUMBERS -- what's with this? QSB has been with us always, but it
seems as if cut numbers are getting out of hand. This old brain works hard
enough to decode the numbers coming through. Throw in a cut number and my brain
goes into panic mode. EU stations seem comfortable with cut numbers, and now
they're imposing them on us in increasing numbers. Add strong QSB to weak
signals and working a contest is really hard work (for those of us who don't
respond automatically in contest mode). I guess I came too late to contesting to
find the 'automatic mode' -- and this octogenarian suspects it is too late to
catch that train.

How can such hard work be such fun? Well it is. Nuff said.

Great hearing y'all. Didn't work many 'locals' but there were call signs that I
just could not ignore. Thanks for the Qs. 73, Vic W4VIC