[3830] WPX CW NE9U SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne9u@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NE9U SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 19:14:21 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: wi
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  170
   40:  541
   20: 1062
   15:  258
   10:    4
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Had hoped to have my tower and small 5 yagi up at new hilltop qth by now, but
still just on my three dipoles....

Prior to contest and had upgraded from an old XP computer to a new state of the
art Windows 7 machine!  :-)

Couldn't get the Win7 machine LPT port comunicating with my old WX0B SO2R box,
so went with serial keying and CAT on both my K3 and FT1000D.  (has always
worked well with my K3...never tried it with the FT1000D)

Well, all was working great for first 36 hours and then the FT1000D keying
started dropping out...kept getting serial messages...com port not found...
Wasted couple unplanned hours trying to get it to work and finally punted.
Brought out the old XP and LPT keying for remainder of contest.  After contest,
reloaded serial drivers and seems ok again...but why would it crash middle of
contest????  Oh well....

Still using 3 ladder fed dipoles so cant use any band pass filters as swr would
instantly fry them....but with LP and some dipole separation, interband
interference not too bad....

Didn't work one JA entire contest!  Best bet was probably middle of night on 40,
but i was sleeping!

Hopefully CU in next test with my new tower and Polish Yagi!

73

Scott NE9U

Equipment:

3 dipoles!