[3830] WPX CW W8LVN SOAB TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8lvn.9@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W8LVN SOAB TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 14:48:33 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W8LVN
Operator(s): W8LVN
Station: W8LVN

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 29

------------
  160:   14
   80:  176
   40:  320
   20:  288
   15:   61
   10:    5
------------

Club:

Comments:

Been a long time since I ran this contest. Maybe it was from N9RV back in
 Indiana.

 In fact, I have been mostly off the air for many years and am now just
 rebuilding the station.  I did get in a little time on the 160 and SS, but
 those were my very compromise antennas. They were of the "dancing
elephant"
 variety--it isn't so much about how well the elephant dances as whether
 it can dance at all

 So now I have dipoles for 160 (don't tell Pat), 80, 40 and 20. The
 20 is a sloper as I am blessed with too many trees here on the new
 lot.

 I set as a goal to work the full 36 hours, and see where the totals
 came out. I was very sluggish for the first 8 hours or so, which certainly
 cost me in the totals.  I decided to just go for QSO totals and let
 the mults and points fall where they may.

 My CW was a bit rusty, as I had trouble copying cut serial numbers
 at 40 wpm.  Never did get that straightened out. But operationally
 I improved my code speed by a bunch.

 Some highlights: Working VK6LW on 40 meters the second morning; getting
 some runs going with 100 watts and dipoles; working a bunch of SMC. And
 some very weird calls like NR7DX. Also, working a fair amount on 15,
 with a finding a multiplier on 160 of VY2ZM. That is very near France,
 as you may know.

 I didn't manage on/off times very well, and as a result lost a fair
 amount of time. But I was in the chair for the rest of the time.

 And I am very happy with the K3S as it is seriously  good at pulling
 apart CW signals.

 Thanks for all the Qs!