[3830] WPX CW W1NN SOSB40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W1NN SOSB40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 06:41:48 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Remote Operation

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  521
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

This is a favorite contest of mine and I usually put in a full SOAB effort, but
this year I was stuck in Japan, unable to return in April as usual.  My remote
station in Ohio is working pretty well but unfortunately, my little A4
tribander, which is attached to a mast at about 35 feet with no rotator, is
pointed west and there is no way to move it from here.  I decided it would be
fruitless to attempt a full-time effort.

I finally opted to do a SB40 LP effort since 40 is pretty easy to operate from
here due to the time difference.  But I also wanted to see how conditions on the
other bands were, so I operated a few more hours on the other bands.  The louder
Europeans could hear me off the back of my beam on 20 and the 40 dipole worked
well enough on 15 to allow me to work the loud Europeans on that band, so I was
able to have some fun on the other bands.   My 40 antenna is just a dipole at 50
feet but it works well enough to allow me to work most of what I can hear.

In addition to my 40M contacts, I made an additional 512 contacts on the other
bands for a total of 1,033 QSOs and 472 mults.  My SOAB score would have been
990,000 points.

A lot of my past WPX efforts have been from Europe where I usually had pretty
rare prefixes.  This year it really dawned on me that being a commonplace W1,
especially a weak one, puts one at a real disadvantage in WPX.  I will have to
do something about that for next year.

73, Hal W1NN remote@tokyo