[3830] CWopsT K9GY LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9GY@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9GY LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 14:09:35 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jun 10

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ME (FN64)
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Remote Operation

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  12
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  12  Mults = 12  Total Score = 144

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Wanted to test out RemoteHamRadio (aka RHR) https://www.remotehamradio.com/ in
preparation for an upcoming antenna-less trip.

Used RHR app, SmartSDR CAT and N1MM+. Cycled through a few stations making no Qs
(my fault mostly: W1/Chaplin,W1/Jonesport,W1/Lubec) before settling on
W1/Jonesport (Flex with 4L Yagi @ 175'). Ended up figuring out I needed to
end/restart SmartSDR for every station, hah! Oh well I'm learning the ropes. Got
my act together finally for a bit of fun.

For gosh sake PLEASE END CUT NUMBERS! Copied "AN45" and took a bit to
figure out it was cut for 1945. I think it was because it was two cut numbers in
a row which kinda looked like it meant something?! Really just send the whole
dang number! I copy what I hear (hopefully most of the time hah!). Brain got
scrambled trying to figure out what the "AN45" was! I know
"CWA" exists but thought maybe this is something new LOL!!!! Maybe I'm
just getting old and cranky?!

The other funny thing is when wanting to send CW manually I reached for the
shack paddle, HAH! A chuckle when I realized it's no good.

A very cool feature of RHR is they take care of all the LOTW submissions from
the different station locations! Although now that I used N1MM+ I'll probably
need to do it myself for this log? Humm...

Anyways RHR is an excellent solution to my upcoming antenna-less situation. They
offer a free 30 min listen-only trial so give it an ear or two.

Best of health to all,
Eric K9GY