[3830] CWopsT K0AD LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K0AD LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 14:12:28 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jun 10

Call: K0AD
Operator(s): K0AD
Station: K0AD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 1
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   1
   40:  69
   20:   9
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  79  Mults = 77  Total Score = 6,083

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Not a big fan of the slow speed events.  I understand the desire to attract new
CWA graduates but I question whether it is working.  I stayed at 20 WPM the
whole hour and worked only one station signing CWA.  Also worked 2 CWA
instructors, and 8 stations signing their state who were mostly regulars.
Mostly it was the same people at half the speed.

Perhaps better to have a slower speed zone higher in the band (maybe above 040)
and encourage CWA students to get on every week.  They would work each other and
then venture down into the fray.  Just a thought.

Regardless, I'll probably be there this afternoon plugging away.

73,

AL, K0AD