[3830] ARRL June VHF N4OGW SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rt_clay@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N4OGW SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 03:55:59 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2020

Call: N4OGW
Operator(s): N4OGW
Station: N4OGW

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs): 27
Radios: SO2R

    6:  551   145
    2:   37    26
  222:
  432:   10     8
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  598   179  Total Score = 108,832

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

6m conditions were super for this contest! 6m was open all around the country,
except there was no double-hop to the west coast from here. The upper bands were
ok, but no tropo enhancement here on 2 or 70 cm. Meteors were good, but it's
hard to do much with rox and 100 W.

FT4 worked well in this contest; this was the first time I have used it. FT8 was
mostly useless when 6m was fully open- it was simply too crowded on 50.313 for a
low power station. Before the contest I spent a lot of time working on a wsjtx
interface to my logging program (so2sdr). This helped a lot for finding mults on
FT8/4.

The station mostly worked ok, although I ran into some unexpected problems if I
tried to transmit on two bands at once. I fixed the drift problem on my older
432 transverter so this time it worked OK on FT8.

Thanks for the qsos!

73 Tor N4OGW

------

Mode qso breakdown on 6m (includes dupes):
  SSB 297
   CW  76
   DG 202 (75 FT8, 114 FT4, 13 MSK144)

Station: