[3830] ARRL June VHF W4ATL Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W4ATL Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 10:03:07 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  512   141  Total Score = 73,038

Club:

Comments:

The Four Landers VHF/UHF Group did not do a multi-op this year so we decided to
do individual single-ops and combine for a club score. This motivated me to
operate more than I usually do and to improve my receive capability on 2M.
Wednesday before the contest I drove to HRO for a new 2M pre-amp and installed
it with control line near the antenna. This improved my 2M receive capability
for Meteor Scatter and other weak signal digital modes.

6M was great on Sunday. Lots of people to work. Loved working meteor scatter
early Sunday morning. That mode always fascinates me. This has definitely become
a WSJT contest with just under half my QSOs using one of the digital WSJT modes.
When FT8 got crowded I moved to FT4 for my first QSOs with that mode. You really
have to stay on your toes with FT4! It made for zippy quick QSOs and lots of
mouse clicking.

It was fun to keep up with other club members via Slack on the #fourlanders
Slack VHF-Chat channel. It made it feel more like the multi-op operations we do.
This was by far my best VHF contest effort from my home.