[3830] ARRL June VHF WX3B Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF WX3B Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 12:32:57 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  18     11  Total Score = 209

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Decided to take a little ride for this event, to the top of North Frederick
Overlook.  Got on just for a few minutes and had some fun!!  It was obvious who
was running high power and who wasn't by how fast my calls were answered.  6
meters sounded GREAT!!  Many thanks to WN3A who was trying out his new Icom
IC-9700 and ran a few bands with me.  I got out my new (old) Icom IC-706 Mark
II-G and placed an MFJ 2 & 6 meter magnetic mount antenna on the roof in
position #1, and another MFJ magnetic mount for 2 meters and 440Mhz in another
location on the roof.  That location was very RF quiet, the only drawback is
that there are 6 spaces available for parking, and I felt it was my turn to
rotate out to give other viewers a chance to park.

Congratulations to the many PVRCers that turned out in this event, particularly
the ones making many QSOs with HF antennas!!

I am looking forward to the upcoming summer E-skip season, field day and the 13
Colony event.

73,

Jim   WX3B