[3830] ARRL June VHF KC4HW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jim@kc4hw.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KC4HW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 13:00:45 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  128    51  Total Score = 6,528

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks for all the QSOs. Made about 41 FT8 and 87 CW QSOs.

Used WSJT-X with JT-AlertX and ACLOG for the FT8 QSOs.

Used Writelog for the CW contacts.

Actually all worked pretty good except for the initial setup on FT8 with WSJT-X
I forgot to change over to the contest mode.  Took me a dozen QSOs to sort to
the problem of why I was not sending the proper exchange.  I apologize to those
folks, but the QSOs came out ok in the logs (both WSJT-X and ACLOG).

So I think that I will get the Writelog setup working for FT8 for the coming
events.

Earlier this year picked up a M2 7L 33' boom.  Big antenna, too much for what I
wanted.  So I set it up on the 5L dimensions with a 18' boom.  Took a while to
sort thorough the mechanics of the element spacing, etc, but got it done and
installed it on a temporary setup at about 14' high.  I used a rope around the
boom to rotate it--all thought I did not move it very much.  Actually it worked
pretty good at that height.  Hope to get it installed on the tower at 43' before
the end of the month.

Wasn't able to work any DX, but did see HI and XE print on FT8.  No EUs but I am
not sure I was on the band at the right time.

OK, thanks again for the QSOs.  CU around the Ham Radio Campus!

Jim/KC4HW