[3830] ARRL June VHF KR1ST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alex@kr1st.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KR1ST Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 20:14:21 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2020

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN21fk
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

    6:  468   178
    2:   60    17
  222:   16     7
  432:   18     7
  903:
  1.2:    5     4
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  567   213  Total Score = 130,143

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: IC-7300
     IC-9700
Amp: Gemini HF-1k (50)
     Gemini 2 1.2k (144)
     Mirage C1012 (222)
Ant: M2 6M3 (50)
     M2 2M9SSB (144)
     M2 222-10EZ (222)
     M2 432-6WL (432)
     Wimo SHF-2367 (1296)

Was this fun, or what? I was thrilled to work some EU stations on SSB on
Saturday. With 6m in such great shape it was nice to see so much activity in all
the different modes. FT4 is a joy to operate. FT8 feels almost like a dinosaur
that should be abandoned as soon as there is a good band opening. FT8 may be a
great weak signal mode, but it loses all it's advantages when hundreds of
stations running huge amount of power within 2800Hz or so during a good band
opening. Now that more folks have discovered FT4, I sincerely hope that we'll
spread out next time. There is plenty of space and no need to stay put on a
single frequency. We got this big tuning knob that most of us still know how to
use, I hope. :)

Many thanks for the QSO's and I hope to see everyone again soon in another
contest.

73,
--Alex KR1ST

 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Grd  Pt/Q