[3830] ARRL June VHF K7XC SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7xcnv1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K7XC SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 21:37:54 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  104    65  Total Score = 6,760

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

That was FUN! Worked people on 2M SSB/CW I haven't heard from in years as they
all migrated to FT8. What a TREMENDOUS waste of time using Digital modes on 2M
to work people we all worked on SSB/CW going back to the early 70s! I REFUSE! 6M
was hoping most of both days. Saturday Mainly a West Coast FT8 thing that would
have been vastly superior on MSK144! Sunday AM Very few on MSK441 but I got
there a bit late. Weak waves of FT8 kept crashing which again belonged on
MSK144! Then in mid afternoon 6M exploded with huge signals from everywhere.
There were so many mults to work on FT8, Sadly I checked CW/SSB too late. Stayed
on 2M SSB/CW/FM 24/7 CQing in between FT8 transmissions. Very grateful for the
10 DM09 locals from Carson City,  Fallon, & 1 mobile in Minden who made the
effort to work this guy on146.52 looking for GRIDS? LOL! Working 8 grids from
DM06 to CM88 to DM09 on 2M CW?SSB felt like a start into what once was possible.
Tnx to K6MYC for being a human beacon attracting people to 2M SSB for the rest
of us to work. Sadly never got 432 installed as I took it down to begin working
on a EME array that will sadly not come to be, Not from here anyways. June 2nd
my landlord called to inform us he is selling the house from under us. Sadly
this looks like the last real contest from home for a while. Weds before the
contest I injured myself taking down all the aluminum masts that have been
supporting the various wires on the 5 acres. in the act of of one at a a time
dragging three 32 ft masts and guys as one piece, over 400 feet to my work area
that I tore something in my left knee, keeping me off my feet and in alot of
pain. Fortunately one of the few times being in pain 24/7 from a car crash came
in handy as I already had my normal medications to help cope. Strangle, one of
the few places it was comfy was sitting straight up in the contest station
chair, Go Figure. Saw the ER doc Monday AM for an Injection into the Miniscus so
I am no longer crying from the pain. Next a MRI to chart where to next.
73s from DM09jh for now...
But never gone. Dit Dit