[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 03:14:10 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Jun 26

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:   0      0
   40:  14     11
   20:  15      9
   15:   3      2
   10:
-------------------
Total:  32     22  Total Score = 704

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Running QRO (95 W) tonight to work out the RFI gremlins before Field Day. Dusted
off my venerable K2 earlier in the week and have been exercising the "QRO
twins," a.k.a. KPA100/KAT100 in separate enclosure.  I built the KPA100 in
summer 2018, but have rarely used it because it interferes with the logging
computer on the low bands.  Still working out the rig bonding and ferrites to
tame the nasty beasties!

I do miss the P3 panadapter, but did more active tuning with the K2.  The K2's
RX sensitivity seems down relative to the K3, but will explore a bit more.  It
may be that I need to realign the K2 filter settings.  QRO didn't help on 80 or
160 meters - still need a real antenna for those bands.

Hope to see you on Field Day - I will be part of the K1R team except running
from home instead of in the field.

Many thanks for the Qs, and 73, MikeNH