[3830] ARRL FD WS7L 1B QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD WS7L 1B QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 18:23:28 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  158     0      46  Total Score = 2,240

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

For grins and giggles I chose to torment myself and my fellow amateurs by
running QRP, 100% battery. Thank you to everyone who asked for multiple repeats
instead of just blowing me off. Not that I blame anyone for wanting to move
along and keep their rate up. This was my first time using FT8 Field Day mode.
It went pretty smoothly except FT8 is kind of a nightmare when the whole country
is crammed into 3 kHz. A major part of the effort was finding a TX slot because
I'm not going to overpower anyone with 5 W. Incidentally, the biggest battery
consumer was the computer. You could hear the fan crank up in my power inverter
whenever WSJT-X went into its decode phase at the end of every sequence.

Score includes 200 bonus points. I'm sure the WWA SM will be delighted with my
radiogram.

73, Carl WS7L, portable from Ocean Park WA.
KX3, TH3JRS for 10/15/20, Inv V for 40, Inv L for 80.