[3830] ARRL FD W6ML(W6KC) 1D HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6kc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W6ML(W6KC) 1D HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 19:04:50 +0000

  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club: San Andreas Field Day Survivors

Comments:

After operating FD with a group of friends for 30+ years from a campground about
90 miles north of LAX, this year I was able to combine FD with a few weeks
vacation in the mountains.

I operated portable from my vacation home in Mammoth Lakes, CA at 8,000 ft
elevation on the Eastern slope of the High Sierra using my club call W6ML.

Saturday evening, I had the biggest pile up calling me on 40m SSB.  It was so
difficult to pick out call signs that I started working them by the numbers and
it went much faster.

Rig:  FT991A, Elecraft KPA/KAT500 with 20m & 40m dipoles up 60 ft in the
pine trees.  My 40m dipole loaded on 80m too so I made a few QSOs on that band
as well.  Everything worked great and I got lots of good signal reports.

Thanks for sharing in all the fun!

73, Jim W6ML(W6KC)