[3830] ARRL FD W1TJL 1D HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1tjl@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W1TJL 1D HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 20:12:22 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   18    2271     0  Total Score = 2,307

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

It's not a contest??  Sure sounded like and felt like on to me.  People trying
to steal frequencies, etc.

But the big story was 10M!  There is a light at the end of the tunnel!  Sunday
Am I decided to go up and see if I could pick up a few an immediately heard and
had a contact with some stations in France.  Really strong and they were off the
back of the beam.  Then one of the French stations spotted me and the damn
broke...  I expected to be there a few minutes but ended up staying to the end.
Made 618 contacts and it never slowed down.The only band I made more contacts on
was 40 where I had 872.

All the bands were pretty good but I couldn't work 160 because that antenna is
down (by design) and 80 was quite noisy.  But 20 never closed and 15 and 10 were
great.

OK, so it's not a contest.  But it felt like one.  My rate for the entire
contest exceeded exceeded 138 for the entire 16 hours plus.

A number of us decided to submit scores for the FD effort under the name of out
Western CT subset of YCCC under our local "Murphys Marauders".  If my
results are indicative it should be a good group score!

73, Tom