[3830] ARRL FD AA1K 1E QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jz73@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD AA1K 1E QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 22:51:52 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  786     0       0  Total Score = 7,860

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Plus 150 points for emergency power and 50 points for web log upload.

Congrats to N3QE (signing W4KFC) for great score.

I had planned to do some casual mobile operation this Field Day but xyl was ill
so shifted at last minute to home operation. Brought in a deep cycle battery I
have that wasn't fully charged and hooked up to one of my Elecraft K3
transceivers. It measured about 12.3 volts at the start and by end of contest
was down to 11.1 volts -- and a bit less key down. My other deep cycle batteries
didn't have enough juice to power the second rig for SO2R.

With making dinner for the two of us, feeding the dog and horses and some other
things, first QSO didn't happen till 2127z. And many interruptions after that.

But it was a fun FD operation. With decent antennas (see www.aa1k.us for
details) we were able to get some good runs going at times but also did a lot of
search-and-pounce.

Nice to have openings Sunday on 15 and 10 meters but the rate wasn't great and I
probably spent too much time there for the returns.