[3830] ARRL FD AE6JV 1E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD AE6JV 1E LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 23:47:02 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  235     8      187  Total Score = 430

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

It was a strange way to do FD. I miss working with others to set up a station.

I entered as 1E so I wouldn't be under time pressure launching antennas into
trees. I ended up with a 20M 2 element wire beam, a 40M dipole, an 80M dipole,
and a 3 element 2M Yagi/Uda. There was coax and power running through an open
window, and coax running up 2 flights of stairs to the 3rd floor for the 2M
antenna.

The K3 and P3 performed a lot better than the operator, who kept making stupid
mistakes and losing time figuring out the corrections.

For me, this was S&P all the way. For someone who "doesn't do CW",
I sure spent a lot of time in that mode.

I go a couple of 15M QSOs at the start of the contest, but 15 really came into
its own on Sunday, starting about 1300z. I spent some time on 20M FT4 and phone,
but decided, "Nobody goes there any more. It's too crowded." (Berra)
and went back to 15 which improved my rate.

DX included 3 F, 1 G, 1 S5, 1 HA, and 1 8P.

Conditions to the west coast were poor.

I calculate my final FD score as 2042, including the bonuses.