[3830] ARRL FD K4HQK 1D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwfuller@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K4HQK 1D LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 01:35:20 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  308     0       6  Total Score = 1,306

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score calculation: 314 QSOs x 2 = 628 x 2 for low power = 1,256 + 50 bonus
points for uploading = 1,306.

Home alone . . . Operating solo from the home QTH to avoid a group-given QSO
with the coronavirus. Apparently most of the U.S. amateur population was doing
the same; 63% of my 314 QSOs were D-class (at home, commercial power), the vast
majority of which were one-transmitter operations. Those at home with emergency
power accounted for another 18%, bringing the at-home total to a whopping 81%.

While Saturday was very busy with activity, Sunday was less so, diminishing
gradually across the afternoon, a familiar FD pattern. Overall I suspect there
were fewer participants this Field Day.

Propagation was good for the bottom of the solar cycle. There was helpful
sporadic E skip on 15, 10 and 6 meters that was especially good Sunday but broke
apart early afternoon. QRN was almost non-existent here, a summertime gift to
our ears. The 20 meter band stayed open late Friday night. On that band it was
possible to work most of the states all the way to the West Coast, although AK
and HI were not heard here. DX largely stayed out of our way; I worked only two
participating in Field Day.

73,

John K4HQK
Alexandria, VA

Station: Icom 7410, Ameritron ALS-600 amp, Cushcraft R6000 vertical and
3-element 6m Yagi, and dipoles for 80m and 40m.