[3830] ARRL FD N8II 1D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD N8II 1D LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 23:45:20 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  100    1429     0  Total Score = 3,308

Club:

Comments:

FD for me is just for fun, did not try to maximize the score. Running on CW for
hour on end is not my idea of fun especially when 20-30% of those worked are
going to be below the skill level of usual contest operators. Thanks to the
smaller number of groups out in the field, the total number of stations active
was probably never higher, the only positive of the pandemic for me.

Whenever I called CQ on 20. I usually had a pile up calling within a minute and
they just kept calling for 2-3 hours. Adjacent QRM was seldom an issue, but
sorting out the calls was tiring. Most just called once all at the same time and
stopped. Saturday, there was intense sporadic E starting around 21Z to the
4/5/9/0 calls areas with a little double hop Es or possibly F2 thrown in to the
West Coast. I never even worked one MI station until Sunday morning. On both 15
and 20, TX was booming in for hours making NTX my most worked section with 115
QSO's.

Sunday, there was 1 hop sporadic E to almost everywhere starting around 1345Z
and lasting until 18Z. The only sections with no direct opening on 20 were DE,
most of EPA, and SNJ. OH, WPA(very close),KY, parts of VA, NY, ON, and New
England with everywhere farther out were booming in! So, even Sunday was
non-stop on 20 phone. The Saturday evening activity on 15M Es was also
incredible. I would have worked more on 10, 40, and 80, but the action was
non-stop on 20 and 15.

Other sections with high QSO totals were: IL 100, TN 77, MO 68, CO 57, MN 58,
STX 62. GA 57, AR 48, OK 48. Even usually tough to work in SS SD was 16 Q's and
WTX 15.

The log has been uploaded to LOTW and QRZ. Please send a SASE if you want a
QSL.
I got a lot of new section comments from callers even though the section total
is meaningless in FD. Thanks for all of the calls and being patient (most were)
in my pile ups.

73, Jeff N8II